Whataburger has a great selection and menu of food for those who are on a low carb or Keto diet. These selections are also great for whoever has meal restrictions and or whoever wants to eat “clean” from a fast food. Like other fast food chains, you have the option of amending your order to fit your dieting needs/lifestyle and macros.
Here are some low carb food options you can order from Whataburger:
1. Sausage Egg and Cheese Sandwich – Hold the bun
Here is a breakfast menu that is filling. You get your cheese, egg patty, and sausage are stacked like a sandwich, making it easy to eat; don’t forget to hold on the bun. With this order, you are getting your good proteins that is filling, in a 0 net carb and 430 calories sandwich for only $2.90.
2. Scrambled Eggs and Bacon
You can never go wrong with this simple, yet delicious, order of scrambled eggs and bacon. This is a classic low carb breakfast that you can get at any Whataburger restaurant. Because it mostly comes as a meal, remember to hold on the hash brown, bun or biscuits that typically come as part of the meal. If you are tempted to get the meal, you can always substitute the hash brown for more eggs or bacon. This classic breakfast is not only delicious, but also very affordable at the price of $2.50, with a net carb of 3 and 185 calories (Depending on how much or less you add). You really could not go wrong with this simple breakfast order.
3. Double Meat Whataburger with Double Cheese, Bacon, and Jalapenos - Hold Bun
This order really gives you a sampling of everything a burger joint has to offer. You will be getting the meat patties, the bacon, cheese, veggies, and jalapenos. Again, you are able to amend your order as necessary to fit your dieting needs. So, to order this go-to lunch at Whataburger, you should ask for the “Double Meat Whataburger with Double Cheese, add Bacon & Jalapenos, without combo, and no bun.” You could decide to get a little side of jalapeno ranch for few extra cents and few extra calories. This meal costs $7.70, with 780 calories and 5 net carbs.
4. Grilled Chicken Melt plus side of Lettuce – Hold Bun
Chicken sandwich lovers gather here! The Whataburger Grilled chicken melt has chicken breast with Monterey Jack Cheese, grilled poblano peppers, onions, red peppers along with an additional side of lettuce and only about 230 calories when you hold on the bun. It really doesn’t get better than that! The grilled chicken with melted cheese tastes excellent, although not super filling. Nutrition is 3 net carbs and 230 calories. Again, you could choose to add Jalapeno ranch for that extra spicy taste.
5. Garden Salad with Whatachik'n – Ask for Grilled chicken
This sandwich typically comes with fried chicken, but you have the option of asking for your chicken grilled instead of being fried, to reduce the amount of net carbs you will be getting. The Garden salad comes with the grilled chicken, lettuce, shredded carrots, shredded cheese, and cherry tomatoes. For $6, 290 calories and about 11 net carbs when you pair it with the Jalapeno Ranch. Some people choose to have the garden salad by itself without the chicken. This is a good option for veggie lovers.
Some other options you can order at Whataburger restaurant include:
- Bunless Chop House Cheddar Burger
- Bunless Avocado Bacon Burger
- Bunless Justaburger
- Bunless Green Chile Double Burger
What to avoid:
- Stuffed Jalapenos
- Curly and regular fries
- Bacon cheddar potato wedges
- Onion rings
- Egg rolls
- Sweetened drinks and desserts
- Apple bites with caramel dip
- Whatachick’n Strips 3 piece – 40 net carbs
- Whatachick’n Strips 2 Piece – 30 net carbs
- Whatachick’n Bites 6 pcs – 31 net carbs
- Whatachick’n Bites 4 Piece – 23 net carbs
Dressings to avoid
- Low Fat Honey Pepper Vinaigrette -15 net carbs
- Fat Free Ranch Dressing – 11 net carbs
- Thousand Island Dressing – 8 net carbs
- Honey Mustard Dressing – 7 net carbs
- Low Fat Herb Vinaigrette Dressing – 7 net carbs
Sauces to avoid
- Honey BBQ Dipping Sauce – 22 net carbs
- Honey BBQ Sauce – 11 net carbs
- Honey Butter Sauce – 10 net carbs
- Honey mustard sauce – 8 net carbs